What is Profhilo?
■ The first of its kind, Profhilo® is a revolutionary ‘beneath the skin’ hyaluronic acid moisturising treatment, made with the patented NAHYCO® technology. This results in a unique hyaluronic acid injectable gel, which has a prolonged stimulating activity on the dermal cells. When injected into skin, Profhilo stimulates the skin cell receptors to counteract skin laxity and improve and restore firmness of the skin.
■ One of the highest concentrations of hyaluronic acid on the market, Profhilo not only boosts and hydrates the skin, but also remodels ageing and sagging tissue. The most common areas of treatment include the face and neck and can also be used for the décolletage, hands, arms, knees and abdomen area where it would effectively treat skin laxity. The treatment is suitable for men and women as well as offering skin benefits for patients of all ages.
What Does Profhilo Do?
Profhilo accomplishes multiple feats for skin. To list just a few, Profhilo:
- Significantly reduces skin laxity
- Makes skin remarkably more firm
- Restores volume to sagging and sunken areas
- Tightens skin for a more taut, youthful appearance
- Stimulates production of four types of collagen and elastin
- Constantly infuses skin with boosted hydration for a fresher look and feel
- Can be used preventatively to avoid loss of volume and dullness
- Imparts radiance to the skin, giving the face a beautiful, glowing appearance
- Is superb at treating multiple areas, including the body: face, neck, décolletage (chest, cleavage and lower neck), arms, knees and hands.
Why Is Profhilo Different From Other Injectable Treatments?
Rather than get very nerdy with the science right now, here are some key points about Profhilo:
- To begin with, it is not a ‘mechanical’ substance like Botox or traditional dermal fillers
- So Profhilo doesn’t ‘fill’ less voluminous areas or act on muscles to produce a desired physical reaction
- Instead, Profhilo is a substance that stimulates multiple positive reactions throughout your natural skin renewal cycle
- Specifically, Profhilo induces dramatic increases in the production of multiple types of collagen and elastin – the foundation of fresher, more youthful skin.
As has been noted, Profhilo is different from the likes of Botox and traditional fillers. Dermal fillers add volume and clear wrinkles, that is true. (What are the benefits of Botox injections? There are more surprising uses for Botox than you ever imagined.) But the nature and impact of Profhilo injections are different. How?
- While Profhilo is absorbed deep into the skin, it continues to restore and rejuvenate skin 24/7.
- Indeed, even while you’re sleeping Profhilo is boosting the appearance of more youthful skin!
- Every minute of every day, Profhilo is hydrating and rejuvenating your skin from the inside out.
So while your overall appearance gets a total refresh, the change is one even you would never spot as the result of an injectable treatment.
How Does Profhilo Work?
While we don’t want to alarm you, there’s a fact of aging you should know: Around age 24, we start losing the components that have previously ensured a youthful, fresh look. To start with, our bodies’ production of collagen and elastin plummets.In fact, Profhilo was created to replace that loss. Additionally, it kickstarts the supercharged production of those key elements of beautiful, younger-looking skin. So how does it do this?
- First, Profhilo is a sort of hybrid dermal filler, comprised of non-crosslinked molecules of two types of hyaluronic acid
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that attracts and holds up to 1,000 times its own weight in hydration
- Also a hot ‘super ingredient’ in topical skincare of late, hyaluronic acid is renowned for its plumping, firming effect on skin
- Surprisingly to some, hyaluronic acid is a natural substance our own bodies produce on their own
- Moreover, each type of Profhilo’s hyaluronic has a different molecular weight, allowing for the most comprehensive, effective treatment
- Profhilo melts under the skin like honey being poured over fruit; it sticks to everything and distributes itself in a smooth, uniform manner
- It achieves impressive results in the face, neck, chest and extremities (ie hands and knees).
Who Is Profhilo Suitable For?
Profhilo is a truly universal treatment, suitable for patients in their late 20s and older. So there are two distinct categories for Profhilo patients. Specifically:
- Preventative: Younger patients from late 20s and older who are keen to maintain and stimulate the body’s natural cell renewal cycles, producing fresher, clearer, glowing skin
- Restorative: More mature patients who wish to address existing depletion, including lost significant suppleness and firmness, increased laxity, noticeable dullness and creases in the skin
For both patient categories, Profhilo results include skin that is:
- in need of much less makeup
- a better ‘canvas’ for any makeup to sit better on the skin.
How Long Does Profhilo Last?
In effect, Profhilo is the inside-out facial that lasts up to one year. To be specific:
- Typically, patients find the best results by repeating Profhilo treatments anywhere from nine to 12 months
- In some cases, treating again after six months might be best. It depends on the patient.
- Most importantly, it is impossible to ‘overdo’ Profhilo.
- Because Profhilo’s beneath-the-surface stimulation of cell renewal occurs over the skin’s natural skin cycle, there is no risk of a puffy, bloated or obviously treated appearance.
In other words, Profhilo is the ‘undercover’ treatment even a professional eye won’t spot!
How much does a Profhilo treatment cost?
A Profhilo treatment is $1600.00 This covers your two appointments 4 weeks apart.
Who can’t have Profhilo?
- Anyone that is pregnant
- Anyone that is breastfeeding
- You cannot have a treatment within 2 weeks of a vaccine, including the Covid vaccine
- You cannot have a treatment if you are unwell
- You cannot have a treatment if you have had a dental procedure within 6 weeks before or after a Profhilo treatment
You must book a consultation prior to ensure you are suitable to have treatment